Paula S. Fuchs, PsyD
Staff Psychologist, Adult Outpatient Services
- Assistant Professor of Psychology, Department of Psychiatry, Part-Time
Paula S. Fuchs, PsyD, came to McLean Hospital in 1991 with varied experience, including community mental health and specialized treatment of trauma. At McLean, she has worked at all levels of care, specializing primarily in an integrative approach to psychotherapy for bipolar disorder. In 2010, Dr. Fuchs designed an outpatient group program adapting mindfulness and dialectical behavior therapy skills for individuals with bipolar disorder. She has supervised and taught in the McLean psychology internship and psychiatric residency programs training programs since 1992.
Dr. Fuchs has given talks in the community, for clinicians as well as mental health consumer organizations. In addition to mood and psychotic disorders, other areas of expertise and experience include the treatment of trauma, cross-cultural issues and the interface between spirituality and psychotherapy.
Education & Training
- 1978 BA in Religion, Wesleyan University
- 1982 MSW, Simmons College School of Social Work
- 1989 PsyD, Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology (Currently William James College)
- 1986-1988 Pre-Doctoral Internship, MGH Chelsea Memorial Health Center
- 1989-1991 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Charles River Hospital
- 1985-1991 Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 1991 Licensed Psychologist, Health Care Provider, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts