Perihan Esra Guvenek-Cokol, MD
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Perihan Esra Guvenek-Cokol, MD, is a double board certified child, adolescent, and adult psychiatrist. She specializes in emerging mental illness in teens and young adults. Her expertise is in early stages of psychotic and bipolar disorders, along with anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorders.
Dr. Guvenek-Cokol serves as the medical director for McLean’s Child and Adolescent OCD Institute (OCDI Jr.) and the Support, Treatment and Resilience (STAR) Program, an outpatient program for teens and young adults.
Education & Training
- 2007 MD, Istanbul University Cerrahpasa School of Medicine
- 2009-2013 Psychiatry Residency Training, Hofstra School of Medicine, North Shore- Long Island Jewish Health System, Zucker Hillside Hospital
- 2013-2015 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship Training, Harvard Medical School, Boston Children’s Hospital
- 2013 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2013 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2015 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology