Poonam Modha, MD
Medical Director, McLean SouthEast at Oak Street Admissions Department
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Poonam Modha, MD, is the medical director of McLean SouthEast at Oak Street Admissions. After residency, she served as associate unit chief at Butler Hospital’s emergency services. She was the didactic module leader for emergency psychiatry and rotation supervisor for psychiatry residents, psychology interns, and medical students at Brown University.
Dr. Modha subsequently worked as medical director for Optum Medical Services, where she held a clinical and supervisory role, as well as a teaching role regionally and nationally. During the pandemic, she worked in consult-liaison psychiatry. Her clinical interests include emergency psychiatry, geriatric psychiatry, consult-liaison psychiatry, mental health concerns during the COVID era, and workplace wellness.
Psychiatric Medicine: The Psychiatrist’s Guide to the Treatment of Common Medical Illnesses
by Mahendra J. Dave, Kurt P. Miceli, Poonam Modha
(Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins, 2007)
Education & Training
- 2001 BS in Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2005 MD, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- 2005-2009 Residency in General Psychiatry, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- 2009 Medical License, State of Rhode Island
- 2010 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2021 Emergency Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts (Emergency license issued, full license pending)