McLean Hospital Title:
- Associate Psychobiologist, Preclinical Behavioral Biology Program
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Rajeev I. Desai, PhD, is an assistant professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. He received his PhD from University of Birmingham, UK, before completing post-doctoral training at the National Institute on Drug Abuse. Dr. Desai joined the Preclinical Behavioral Biology Program (directed by Dr. Jack Bergman) at McLean Hospital in 2006.
Dr. Desai’s research involves the use of behavioral and neurochemical techniques to improve our understanding of neurobiological and behavioral mechanisms that mediate addiction-related properties of psychomotor stimulant and cannabis-related drugs and based on that understanding, to develop novel pharmacotherapies to help manage drug dependence and addiction.
Education & Training:
- 1995 BSc in Neuroscience, University of Nottingham, UK
- 2001 PhD in Behavioral Pharmacology and Psychology, University of Birmingham, UK
- 2001 Post-Doctoral Fellow in Psychology, University of Birmingham, UK
- 2002-2005 Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in Psychobiology, National Institute on Drug Abuse
- 2006-2007 Research Fellow in Psychobiology, Preclinical Pharmacology Laboratory, McLean Hospital
Belmont campus - Oaks Building