Ralph J. Buonopane, PhD
Program Director, McLean-Franciscan Child and Adolescent Inpatient Program
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Since 2000, Ralph J. Buonopane, PhD, has led the McLean-Franciscan Child and Adolescent Inpatient Program at Franciscan Hospital for Children in Brighton. The program brings together a team of colleagues from the two hospitals to meet the needs of youth in severe psychiatric crisis. Long recognized as a model program for its trauma sensitive, low restraint, family-centered model of care, the program received the 2008 DMH Commissioner’s Award, the Partners in Excellence Award, and was honored as a Joint Commission Top Performer.
Dr. Buonopane’s career has focused on developing more compassionate and effective mental health care programs for children and adolescents in crisis. He directs the McLean-Franciscan inpatient graduate training program and collaborates in training of psychiatry fellows from the McLean/MGH Child Psychiatry Residency Training Program. Dr. Buonopane also leads clinical research efforts to improve outcomes and experience for youth and families in crisis.
Education & Training
- 1988 BS in Clinical Psychology, Tufts University
- 1993 MS in Counseling Psychology, Northeastern University
- 2002 PhD in Counseling Psychology, Northeastern University
- 2006 Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts