McLean Hospital Title:
Rebecca Sanford, MSN, APRN, PCNS, began her career in psychiatric nursing at McLean’s Hall Mercer Children’s Center in 1986. After working in a variety of acute care, community-based, and outpatient settings, she returned to McLean in 2005 after completing her master’s degree. Since that time Ms. Sanford has worked as an advanced practice nurse in the Clinical Evaluation Center, and more recently joined McLean’s LEADER program where she provides treatment to the law enforcement, active duty, and first responder community as a prescribing clinician.
Ms. Sanford’s professional interests include emergency psychiatry, addiction, trauma, and refugee mental health. While in graduate school, she worked at the Boston Center for Refugee Health and Human Rights where she provided treatment and expert testimony on behalf of victims of torture and political violence.
Education & Training:
- 1986 BS in Nursing and Management, Simmons College
- 2003 MSN in Psychiatric Nursing, Northeastern University
- 1986 Registered Nurse, Department of Health and Human Services, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 1986 Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist, Department of Health and Human Services, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2004 Clinical Nurse Specialist in Adult Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, American Nurses Credentialing Center
- 2010 MCSR Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, Department of Health and Human Services, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - Admissions Building, Room G-014