McLean Hospital Title:
- Research Fellow, Neuroregeneration Research Institute
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Associate in Psychiatry
Ria Thomas, PhD, is a post-doctoral research fellow at the Neuroregeneration Research Institute at McLean Hospital. Her current research focuses on understanding the involvement of intracellular trafficking mechanisms in selective neuronal dysfunction in Parkinson’s disease, and developing stem cell-based therapeutic interventions for its management.
Prior to this, as a doctoral fellow at the University of Freiburg, Dr. Thomas worked on elucidating the role of an epigenetic modifier protein in human neuronal and neural crest development using human pluripotent stem cell systems.
Education & Training:
- 2009 BSc in Advanced Zoology and Biotechnology, University of Madras, India
- 2011 MSc in Genomics, Center for Excellence in Genomic Sciences, Madurai Kamaraj University, India
- 2017 PhD in Developmental Biology, University of Freiburg, Germany
- 2012-2016 PhD Fellow, Spemann Graduate School of Biology and Medicine, University of Freiburg, Germany
Belmont campus - Mailman Research Center, Room 101