McLean Hospital Title:
- Director, Behavioral and Group Therapy Services, The Pavilion
- Director, Middle East Center for Culturally Informed Care, The Pavilion
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Assistant Professor of Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
As the director of Behavioral and Group Therapy Services at The Pavilion, Rima Saad, PhD, provides expert consultation in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT). She has worked with patients with diverse and complex clinical presentations since the program opened in 1999. She specializes in treating mood disorders, personality disorders, and substance use problems. Additionally, Dr. Saad oversees The Pavilion group program and has extensive experience with leading therapy groups and program development.
Dr. Saad also has a subspecialty expertise in providing culturally sensitive consultation and therapy to clients with an Arab background. She speaks English and Arabic fluently and is proficient in French. Her personal travels and professional consultations have taken her to Lebanon, Jordan, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, and Saudi Arabia. As the director of the Middle East Center for Culturally Informed Care, she consults and lectures on cultural variables and adaptations that enhance understanding and treatment with a Middle Eastern clientele.
Education & Training:
- 1993 BS in Biology, Wilkes University
- 1996 MA in Clinical and Health Psychology, Drexel University
- 1999 PhD in Clinical and Health Psychology, Drexel University
- 1998-1999 Pre-Doctoral Internship, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- 1999-2000 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- 2000 Licensed Psychologist, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2000 Health Service Provider, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - Wyman Building, Room 207