Robert P. Drozek, LICSW
Outpatient Therapist, Gunderson Outpatient Program, Clinical Team Manager, Alcohol, Drug, and Addiction Partial Hospital Program
- Teaching Associate, Department of Psychiatry
Robert P. Drozek, LICSW, is an individual and group psychotherapist at McLean Hospital, specializing in the treatment of personality disorders, trauma and dissociative disorders, and addiction. Mr. Drozek serves as a therapist in the Gunderson Outpatient Program, a therapist and supervisor in the Mentalization-Based Treatment (MBT) Clinic, and a group therapist in the Division of Alcohol, Drugs, and Addiction. He is a teaching associate in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and a supervisor of MBT through the Anna Freud Centre in London.
Mr. Drozek is certified and trained in a range of evidence-based therapies including cognitive behavior therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, cognitive processing therapy for post-traumatic stress disorder, dialectical behavior therapy, transference-focused psychotherapy, and MBT. His research centers in the psychoanalytic treatment of personality disorders—in particular borderline and narcissistic personality disorders—and his papers and book explore the role of ethical experience in psychotherapy, emphasizing the importance of agency, altruism, self-esteem, and personal meaning for both members of the therapeutic process. Mr. Drozek is the lead developer of MBT for narcissism—the first adaptation of MBT’s principles to help patients with pathological narcissism.
Education & Training
- 2001 BA in Philosophy, Marlboro College
- 2006 Master of Social Work, Clinical Concentration, Boston College Graduate School of Social Work
- 2004-2005 Internship, Boston Vet Center, Veterans Health Administration
- 2005-2006 Internship, Massachusetts Mental Health Center
- 2007-2008 Fellowship in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute
- 2010 Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker, Board of Registration of Social Workers, Commonwealth of Massachusetts