McLean Hospital Title:
- Research Fellow, Neurobiology of Fear Laboratory
- Staff Psychiatrist, Behavioral Health Partial Hospital Program
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Robert J. Fenster, MD, PhD, is a research fellow in the Neurobiology of Fear Laboratory under the mentorship of Dr. Kerry Ressler and is an instructor in psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. He also serves as the assistant director for the Physician Scientist Training Program at the MGH/McLean Adult Psychiatry Residency Training Program. Clinically, Dr. Fenster is a staff psychiatrist in the Behavioral Health Partial Hospital Program and sees patients for psychodynamic psychotherapy at The Pavilion.
Dr. Fenster’s research interests involve utilizing single-cell and cell-type specific molecular profiling techniques to investigate prefrontal cortical neurocircuits involved in fear extinction. Previously, he worked in the laboratories of Dr. Paul Greengard and Dr. Myriam Heiman, applying similar cutting-edge cell-type specific techniques to investigate translational changes in Huntington’s disease mouse models.
Education & Training:
- 2003 AB, Harvard University
- 2005 BA, University of Cambridge
- 2011 PhD, The Rockefeller University
- 2012 MD, Weill Cornell Medical College
- 2012-2016 Psychiatry Residency, Brown University Alpert School of Medicine
- 2016 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2017 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - Mailman Research Center