Robert J. Fenster, MD, PhD
Assistant Medical Director, The Pavilion
Research Fellow, Neurobiology of Fear Laboratory
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Robert J. Fenster, MD, PhD, is the assistant medical director at The Pavilion and a research fellow in the Neurobiology of Fear Laboratory under the mentorship of Dr. Kerry Ressler. He is an instructor in psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. He formerly served as the assistant director for the Physician Scientist Training Program at the MGH/McLean Adult Psychiatry Residency Training Program.
Dr. Fenster’s research interests involve utilizing single-cell and cell-type specific molecular profiling techniques to investigate prefrontal cortical neurocircuits involved in stress and fear extinction. Previously, he worked in the laboratories of Dr. Paul Greengard and Dr. Myriam Heiman, applying similar cutting-edge cell-type specific techniques to investigate translational changes in Huntington’s disease mouse models.
Education & Training
- 2003 AB, Harvard University
- 2005 BA, University of Cambridge
- 2011 PhD, The Rockefeller University
- 2012 MD, Weill Cornell Medical College
- 2012-2016 Psychiatry Residency, Brown University Alpert School of Medicine
- 2016 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2017 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts