Roberto Olivardia, PhD
Clinical Associate in Psychology
- Lecturer on Psychology, Department of Psychiatry, Part-Time
Roberto Olivardia, PhD, conducts diagnostic evaluations at The Pavilion at McLean Hospital. He maintains a private practice in Lexington, Massachusetts, where he specializes in the treatment of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) and obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), as well as issues that face students with learning disabilities. He is a nationally recognized expert in eating disorders and body image problems in boys and men.
Dr. Olivardia is co-author of “The Adonis Complex.” He specializes in evidence-based psychodynamic and cognitive-behavioral treatment. He currently serves on the Professional Advisory Boards for Children and Adults With ADHD (CHADD), The Attention Deficit Disorder Association (ADDA), and serves on the Scientific Advisory Board for ADDitude. He has spoken on numerous webinars and presents at many talks and conferences around the country.
Education & Training
- 1994 BA in Clinical Psychology and Child Study, Tufts University
- 1998 MA in Clinical Psychology, University of Massachusetts Boston
- 2000 PhD in Clinical Psychology, University of Massachusetts Boston
- 1999-2000 Pre-Doctoral Internship, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- 2000-2002 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Clinical Research Training Program (CRTP), Judge Baker Children’s Center/Harvard Medical School
- 2002 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts