McLean Hospital Title:
- Director of Psychological Services, Fernside
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Robin Gay, PhD, is the director of psychological services at Fernside, a McLean Hospital Signature Addiction Recovery Program that specializes in treatment of substance use disorders and co-occurring conditions. Dr. Gay completed her PhD in clinical psychology in New York City at the New School for Social Research and her pre-doctoral internship at Mount Sinai Medical Center in Manhattan. Her clinical interests include the effects of substance use disorders on cognitive functioning and relation to treatment outcomes.
Dr. Gay’s research has been presented nationally and internationally and she was the recipient of the New York State Psychological Association’s Sidney Orgel Award. Dr. Gay also served in a leadership capacity in the New York State Psychological Association, as she was elected Secretary and served on their foundation board. She moved to the greater Boston area from New York in 2014.
Education & Training:
- 1996 BA in Psychology, Marlboro College
- 2001 MA, New School for Social Research
- 2006 PhD, New School for Social Research
- 2005-2006 Pre-Doctoral Internship, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- 2007 Licensed Psychologist, Office of the Professions, New York State
- 2014 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Fernside campus - 162 Mountain Road, Princeton, MA