Roger Pottanat, MD
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Roger Pottanat, MD, is a child and adolescent psychiatrist with over seven years of practicing in the community. He is passionate about providing comprehensive and novel treatment options to patients with challenging psychiatric disorders. At McLean, Dr. Pottanat is the associate medical director of the 3East Girls Intensive and Step-Down Programs, which provide intensive dialectical behavior therapy for teens. He is also a staff psychiatrist at the Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Service.
Previously, Dr. Pottanat launched and directed one of the first non-academic TMS centers in the Boston area. He is a member of the Clinical TMS Society’s Research Committee.
Education & Training
- 2007 MD, Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute
- 2007-2010 General Psychiatry Residency, Metropolitan Hospital Center, New York Medical College
- 2010-2012 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship, Boston Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- 2010 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2015 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2017 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology