McLean Hospital Title:
- Director, Pathways Academy
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Assistant Professor of Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Roya Ostovar, PhD, is an internationally recognized developmental neuropsychologist. She has extensive expertise and experience in diagnostic consultation and the assessment and treatment of autism spectrum disorders, neurodevelopmental disorders, learning disabilities, non-verbal learning disorder, sensory processing disorder, academic challenges, school anxiety and avoidance, social anxiety, executive function difficulties, social pragmatics disorder, and social skills coaching. Dr. Ostovar utilizes neuropsychological and psychological assessments for developing effective and individualized clinical, social, and educational plans through the life span.
Dr. Ostovar is a senior expert in the use of the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS), the Autism Diagnostic Interview (ADI), Discrete Trial Training, and Floortime. In addition her role as director of McLean’s Pathways Academy, she provides specialized diagnostic consultations to various departments at the hospital. Dr. Ostovar is an award-winning author and has been actively involved in the teaching and supervision of medical students, residents, and post-doctoral fellows since she joined the Harvard Medical School faculty in 2001.
Ostovar R. The ultimate guide to sensory processing disorder: easy, everyday solutions to sensory challenges. Arlington, TX: Sensory World, 2010.
Ostovar R, DiVittore K. 5 things you need to know about social skills coaching: your guide to better communication skills in the modern world. Arlington, TX: Future Horizons, 2017.
Ostovar R. The autism inventory of development (AID): an assessment tool for parents and professionals. Arlington, TX: Future Horizons, 2017.
Education & Training:
- 1985 BS in Biology, University of Massachusetts
- 1992 Master of Clinical Social Work, Boston University
- 1996 MA in Clinical Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology
- 1997 PhD in Clinical Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology
- 1996-1997 Internship, University of California, Irvine
- 1997-1998 Neuropsychiatric Institute and Hospital, University of California, Los Angeles
- 2001 Psychology License, Healthcare Provider, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - East House, Room 151