Roya Ostovar, PhD
Senior Consultant in Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Assistant Professor of Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Roya Ostovar, PhD, is an internationally recognized developmental neuropsychologist. She has extensive expertise and experience in the assessment and treatment of autism spectrum disorder (ASD), neurodevelopmental disorders, learning disabilities, non-verbal learning disorder, sensory processing disorder, school avoidance, social anxiety, executive function deficits, social pragmatics disorder, and social skills coaching. Dr. Ostovar utilizes neuropsychological testing for developing effective and individualized clinical, social, and educational plans.
Dr. Ostovar is a senior expert on the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS), the Autism Diagnostic Interview (ADI), Discrete Trial Training, and Floortime. She was previously the director of McLean’s Pathways Academy, where she developed and established the philosophy and approach to providing effective clinical, social, and educational services to the ASD population. She provides specialized diagnostic consultations to various departments at McLean. Dr. Ostovar is an award-winning author, has served on dissertation committees, and has been actively involved in the teaching and supervision of medical trainees since she joined the Harvard Medical School faculty in 2001.
Education & Training
- 1985 BS in Biology, University of Massachusetts, Boston
- 1992 MSW in Health, Mental Health, and Developmental Disorders, Boston University
- 1996 MA in Clinical Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology
- 1997 PhD in Clinical Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology
- 1996-1997 APA-Approved Internship, University of California, Irvine
- 1997-1998 Neurodevelopmental Disorders and Related Disabilities Fellowship, Neuropsychiatric Institute and Hospital, Center for Autism Treatment and Research, University of California, Los Angeles
- 2001 Licensed Psychologist, Healthcare Provider, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts