Sara L. Weisenbach, PhD, ABPP
- Member of the Faculty of Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Sara L. Weisenbach, PhD, ABPP, is the chief of Neuropsychology at McLean Hospital, a board-certified clinical neuropsychologist, and a clinical translational researcher. Her career has been based on improving the quality of clinical care for individuals with cognitive and psychiatric concerns through clinical care and innovation, cutting-edge research, education and mentorship, and service to the fields of neuropsychology and geriatric psychiatry. She has been continuously funded since 2008 (NIH, VA) for her work on depression and cognition during middle-age and late life.
Dr. Weisenbach is a nationally recognized expert in cognitive and emotional health in older adults. She is president-elect of the Society for Clinical Neuropsychology of the American Psychological Association and co-chair of the Geriatric Mood Disorders Task Group of the National Network of Depression Centers. Dr. Weisenbach regularly serves as a reviewer for peer-reviewed journals and NIH and VA study sections.
Education & Training
- 2000 BA in Psychology, Wittenberg University
- 2002 MS in Counseling Psychology, Colorado State University
- 2005 PhD in Counseling Psychology, Colorado State University
- 2004-2004 Internship in Professional Psychology, Dayton VA Healthcare System
- 2005-2007 Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Clinical & Research Neuropsychology, University of Michigan
- 2006-2008 Special Fellowship in Advanced Geriatrics, VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
- 2013 Clinical Neuropsychology, American Board of Professional Psychology
- 2022 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts