Sophia L. Maurasse, MD
Medical Director, 3East Girls Intensive and Step-Down Programs
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Sophia Maurasse, MD, has a longstanding interest and experience in treating medically ill patients with psychiatric disorders and in the use of behavioral interventions. During residency, she worked as lead resident in the oncology clinic, using cognitive behavioral therapy to treat patients in various stages of their cancer treatment. As a child and adolescent psychiatry fellow, she worked with THINK:KIDS at MGH, using collaborative problem solving to assist patients and parents in using a skills-based model.
Dr. Maurasse’s current position at 3East has been an opportunity in using DBT in a way that fully integrates the physical and mental health of her patients. She is especially interested in her patients’ relationship to their disorders and the treatment used to address them, using DBT in understanding adaptive and maladaptive eating behaviors, resilience, and the impact of the culture of medicine.
Education & Training
- 2002 BS in Psychology, University of Miami
- 2008 MD, Tufts University School of Medicine
- 2008-2011 Psychiatry Residency, George Washington University
- 2011-2013 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 2011 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2012 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2013 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology