McLean Hospital Title:
- Prescriptive Authority Nurse, Internal Medicine and Primary Care Clinic
Sophie S. Forte, MS, ANP-BC, WHNP-BC, has been a member of the McLean community since 2011. She began her nursing career as a staff nurse with the Alcohol, Drug, and Addiction Inpatient Program, later joining the Internal Medicine and Primary Care Clinic after becoming a nurse practitioner.
Ms. Forte has been involved in clinical research with the Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder Research Program, examining the long-term cardiovascular risks associated with use of second-generation antipsychotic medications in patients with serious mental illness. She is also one of the infection control practitioners for the hospital.
Education & Training:
- 2007 BS, Boston College
- 2012 BSN, MGH Institute of Health Professions
- 2012 MS, MGH Institute of Health Professions
- 2011 Registered Nurse, Board of Registration in Nursing, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2012 Certified Nurse Practitioner, Board of Registration in Nursing, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2012 Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, Board of Registration in Nursing, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2012 Adult Nurse Practitioner, American Nurses Credentialing Center
- 2012 Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner, National Certification Corporation
Belmont campus - Admissions Building, Room GS082