Stephanie C. Valcourt, MD
Medical Director, Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder Inpatient Program
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Stephanie C. Valcourt, MD, is the medical director of McLean’s Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder Inpatient Program and an instructor in psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. With a medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine, she completed her psychiatry residency at the MGH/McLean Psychiatry Residency Training Program.
Dr. Valcourt actively participates in the training of psychiatry residents and medical students. Her clinical and research interests have focused on minimizing potential side effects of antipsychotic medications.
Education & Training
- 2004 BA in Psychology, Harvard University
- 2010 MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine
- 2010-2011 Internship in Internal Medicine, Newton Wellesley Hospital
- 2011-2014 Residency in Psychiatry, Adult Psychiatry Training Program, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 2013-2014 Chief Resident in Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorders, Adult Psychiatry Training Program, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 2012 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2014 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology