McLean Hospital Title:
- Assistant Psychiatrist, Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) Service
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychiatry, Part-Time
In her clinical work, Stephanie White-Bateman, MD, focuses on the treatment of mood and anxiety disorders using medication management as well as psychotherapeutic and neurotherapeutic approaches. She began her career at McLean as an attending psychiatrist on the inpatient Short Term Unit for mood and anxiety disorders before transitioning to her current position with the Electroconvulsive Therapy Service. At the same time, she completed a one year fellowship in psychotherapy at the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute.
Dr. White-Bateman divides her time between clinical work at McLean, clinical supervision of Harvard medical students, and her private practice. Her research interests have included topics in pain and issues of informed consent.
Education & Training:
- 1991 BA, Columbia College
- 2006 MD, Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons
- 2006-2011 Residency in Adult Psychiatry, Adult Psychiatry Residency Training Program, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 2012-2013 Fellowship in Adult Psychotherapy, Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute
- 2011 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2014 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Belmont campus - de Marneffe Building, Ground Floor