McLean Hospital Title:
- Psychiatrist in Charge, Community Reintegration Unit
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Part-Time
At McLean, Steven Gans, MD is an attending psychiatrist at the Community Reintegration Unit, leading a team-based approach to the acute management of patients with serious mental illness. His other interests involve the teaching and practice of psychotherapy. Dr. Gans is an active teacher, supervisor, and mentor in the MGH/McLean Adult Psychiatry Residency Training Program and in their Program in Psychodynamics (PIP).
A graduate of the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute, he is a supervisor in their Advanced Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Training Program. Dr. Gans is also the medical reviewer of the mental health content for Verywell.com.
Education & Training:
- 1985 BS, Loyola University of Chicago
- 1989 MD, Rush University Medical College
- 1989-1990 Internship, West Suburban Medical Center
- 1990-1993 Residency in Psychiatry, Beth Israel Hospital
- 1994, 2004, 2014 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Belmont campus - North Belknap, Room 327