Susan Parks-Cohen, PhD
Assistant Director, Child and Adolescent Testing Service
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Susan Parks-Cohen, PhD, is originally from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and earned her undergraduate degree in psychology at Westminster College in 1992. She went on to the University of Pittsburgh and earned a MS in child development and a PhD in psychology. As a graduate student at the University of Pittsburgh, she worked full time studying substance use and conduct disorder among female adolescents at Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic. She completed her pre-doctoral clinical internship and neuropsychology post-doctoral fellowship at McLean Hospital.
Dr. Parks-Cohen is currently assistant director of the Child and Adolescent Testing Service at McLean. Her clinical interests include neuropsychological and psychological testing, the integration of cognitive and dialectical behavior therapies with neurocognitive coaching techniques, cognitive behavior therapy, prevention of head injuries for athletes, and stress management. Dr. Parks-Cohen is on the board of the Massachusetts Neuropsychological Society.
Education & Training
- 1992 BA in Psychology, Westminster College
- 1995 MS in Child Development, University of Pittsburgh
- 2003 PhD in Psychology, University of Pittsburgh
- 2001-2002 Pre-Doctoral Internship in Clinical Psychology, McLean Hospital
- 2002-2004 Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Neuropsychology, McLean Hospital