McLean Hospital Title:
- Assistant Director, Child and Adolescent Testing Service
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Susan Parks-Cohen, PhD, is originally from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and earned her undergraduate degree in psychology at Westminster College in 1992. She went on to the University of Pittsburgh and earned a MS in child development and a PhD in psychology. As a graduate student at the University of Pittsburgh, she worked full time studying female adolescent drug abusers at Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic. She completed her pre-doctoral clinical internship and neuropsychology post-doctoral fellowship at McLean Hospital.
Dr. Parks-Cohen is currently assistant director of the Child and Adolescent Testing Service. Her clinical interests include the integration of cognitive and dialectical behavioral therapies with neurocognitive coaching techniques, prevention of head injuries for athletes, and stress management. Dr. Parks-Cohen is on the advisory board of Life after War: Reintegrating Veterans, a non-profit organization.
Education & Training:
- 1992 BA in Psychology, Westminster College
- 1995 MS in Child Development, University of Pittsburgh
- 2003 PhD in Psychology, University of Pittsburgh
- 2001-2002 Pre-Doctoral Internship in Clinical Psychology, McLean Hospital
- 2002-2004 Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Neuropsychology, McLean Hospital
Cambridge Outpatient - 799 Concord Avenue, Cambridge, MA