Tessa N. Hamilton, PhD, NCSP
Staff Psychologist, McLean SouthEast at Oak Street Child and Adolescent Inpatient Program
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Tessa Hamilton, PhD, NCSP, is a licensed clinical psychologist, with specialization in child and adolescent clinical care. She has worked with individuals ranging in age from early childhood through late adulthood who bear diverse identities in all respects. Her clinical work has included pediatric neuropsychological evaluations, school-based psychological services, interdisciplinary consultation, inpatient psychiatric care, mobile in-home crisis, outpatient therapy, and day habilitation programs with individuals, groups, and families.
Dr. Hamilton completed her pre-doctoral training in clinical psychology with intellectual and developmentally disabled adults and children in New York City, and her post-doctoral fellowship in pediatric neuropsychology and inpatient psychiatry at Mass General Brigham. In addition, she is an adjunct faculty member at Northeastern University in the Department of Applied Psychology. Her research interests center around eating, health behaviors, and feeding/eating disorders in pediatric populations. In addition, she seeks to better understand how to support and manage these conditions among children experiencing concurrent suicidal ideation or other acute psychiatric crises requiring inpatient level of care.
Education & Training
- 2013 BA in Psychology, University of Arizona
- 2014 EdM in Prevention Science/Child Counseling, Harvard University
- 2020 PhD in Psychology, Northeastern University
- 2019-2020 APA/APPIC Pre-Doctoral Internship in Clinical Psychology and Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities, AHRC-New York City, New York City Chapter of The ARC
- 2020-2021 Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Pediatric Neuropsychology and Inpatient Psychiatry, Mass General for Children at NSMC/Mass General Brigham-Salem Hospital
- 2019 Nationally Certified School Psychologist, National Association of School Psychologists
- 2021 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2021 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Psychologist Examiners, State of Arizona
- 2021 Health Service Psychologist, National Register of Health Service Psychologists