Thomaskutty Idiculla, PhD
Director, Mental Health Services Evaluation
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Thomaskutty Idiculla, PhD, is the director of Mental Health Services Evaluation at McLean Hospital, and an instructor in psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. He is the architect of eBASIS, a robust online portal and performance measurement system, which provides quality improvement tools, reporting, and support to over 200 hospitals, and over 1000 users in six countries and five languages. He has extensive experience in validating consumer self-report measures of mental health quality and outcomes of care using qualitative and quantitative methods.
Dr. Idiculla’s research interests include psychiatric assessment, outcomes of mental health and substance abuse services, patient-centered care, racial/ethnic/gender disparities in mental health, predictors of readmission, performance measurement in mental health care, patient satisfaction, and integrating technology to improve health care. He has been involved in research, publications, and seminars in the South Asian community for the last 20 years and has spoken at national and international conferences in the United States, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Kuwait, and India.
Education & Training
- 1986 BSc in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry, St. Xavier’s College
- 1989 MSW in Medical and Psychiatric Social Work, Indore University
- 1998 PhD in Social and Behavior Science, Indore Christian College, Indore University, India
- 2008 PhD in Clinical Social Work, Boston College
- 2012 PG in Applied Biostatistics, Harvard Medical School