Virginie-Anne Chouinard, MD
Staff Psychiatrist, Director of Research, McLean OnTrackTM
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Virginie-Anne Chouinard, MD, is a staff psychiatrist and director of research at McLean OnTrackTM, a program for first episode psychosis at McLean Hospital, and an instructor in psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. Her clinical and research interests include early psychosis recovery and metabolic health in bipolar disorder and schizophrenia spectrum disorders.
Dr. Chouinard conducts research to understand the roles of insulin resistance and energy metabolism in psychotic disorders and high-risk populations. Her research includes the investigation of treatments targeting energy metabolism to improve mood, psychosis, and cognition in bipolar disorder and schizophrenia spectrum disorders.
Education & Training
- 2003 BS in Biology and Community Health, Tufts University
- 2010 MD, Catholic University of Louvain Medical School
- 2010-2014 Residency in Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 2015-2017 NIMH T32 Fellowship, Stuart T. Hauser Harvard Medical School Clinical Research Training Program
- 2013 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2014 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology