Virginie-Anne Chouinard, MD
Staff Psychiatrist, McLean OnTrackTM
Research Psychiatrist, Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder Research Program
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Virginie-Anne Chouinard, MD, is a staff psychiatrist in McLean OnTrackTM, a program for first episode psychosis, and an instructor in psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. Her clinical and research interests include the treatment of first episode psychosis and the evaluation and management of metabolic conditions in psychotic disorders.
Dr. Chouinard conducts research to understand the roles of insulin resistance and energy metabolism in psychotic disorders and high risk populations. Her research includes the investigation of pharmacologic treatments targeting energy metabolism to improve psychosis, mood, and cognition in psychotic disorders.
Education & Training
- 2003 BS in Biology and Community Health, Tufts University
- 2010 MD, Catholic University of Louvain Medical School
- 2010-2014 Residency in Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 2015-2017 NIMH T32 Fellowship, Stuart T. Hauser Harvard Medical School Clinical Research Training Program
- 2013 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2014 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology