Walid Yassine, DMSc, MMSc
Research Fellow, Laboratory of Behavioral Neuroimaging
- Research Fellow in Psychiatry
Walid Yassine, DMSc, MMSc, is a research fellow at the Laboratory of Behavioral Neuroimaging at McLean Hospital and a research fellow in psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. His research focuses on several neuropsychiatric and neurodevelopmental disorders.
Dr. Yassine uses different approaches, such as imaging, behavioral assessment, artificial intelligence, and others, to better understand the brain and the deviation from what is considered typical. His ultimate goal is to be able to assess risk factors, discover objective biomarkers, elucidate disorder spectrum and symptom overlap, and provide targeted therapeutic interventions in various disorders of the mind. Currently, he is focusing on better understanding the different effects of drugs on the brain.
Education & Training
- 2010 BS, Université Libanaise
- 2014 MRes, Kyoto University
- 2016 MMSc, Kyoto University
- 2020 DMSc, University of Toyko
- 2014-2016 Internship in Basic Neuroscience, Medical Innovation Center Kyoto University
- 2016-2017 Internship in Brain Science, RIKEN Center for Brain Science
- 2019-2020 Internship in Cognitive Robotics, International Research Center for Neurointelligence