Wendy P. Bamatter, PhD
Assistant in Psychology, 3East Residential Programs
- Clinical Fellow in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Wendy P. Bamatter, PhD, is a licensed clinical psychologist specializing in dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) for adolescents and young adults. In addition to working with individuals struggling with pervasive emotion dysregulation and high-risk behaviors, Dr. Bamatter is also committed to providing gender-affirming care to transgender and non-binary individuals. She also has extensive training in delivering culturally sensitive individual and family therapy in Spanish.
Dr. Bamatter’s research and teaching background focuses on improving mental health interventions for underserved communities, including monolingual Spanish-speaking immigrants, transgender and non-binary individuals, and African Americans in community mental health settings. As a therapist, she likes to balance mindfulness, warmth, and humor with change-oriented interventions.
Education & Training
- 2007 BA in Hispanic Studies and French, Connecticut College
- 2017 PhD in Clinical Psychology, Catholic University of America
- 2015-2016 APA-Accredited Internship in Clinical and Community Psychology, Yale University School of Medicine
- 2016-2017 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Yale University School of Medicine
- 2017-2018 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, 3East, McLean Hospital
- 2021 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts