McLean Hospital Title:
- Staff Psychiatrist, Psychotic Disorders Division
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Dr. Carter attended Brown University, graduating magna cum laude with an BS in psychology in 1985. He received his MD from Harvard Medical School in 1989, before completing his residency in adult psychiatry at McLean Hospital in 1993.
Staying on at McLean since residency, Dr. Carter has held leadership positions in teaching, research, and clinical settings, serving as director of Residency Training, director of the Clinical Trials Center, medical director of the Bipolar and Psychotic Disorders Residential Services, and medical director of Appleton.
Education & Training:
- 1985 BS in Psychology, Brown University
- 1989 MD, Harvard Medical School
- 1989-1990 Internship, Mt. Auburn Hospital
- 1990-1993 Residency, Adult Psychiatry, McLean Hospital
- 1992-1993 Chief Resident, Adult Psychiatry McLean Hospital
- 1989 Massachusetts Medical License (#74693)
- 1990 National Board of Medical Examiners
- 1994, 2004, 2014 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Belmont campus - Appleton House, Room 310