Woo-In Ryu, PhD
Research Fellow, Laboratory for Translational Research on Neurodegeneration, Program for Neuropsychiatric Research
- Research Fellow in Psychiatry
Woo-In Ryu, PhD, graduated and received a PhD in biology from the Sungshin Women’s University, Korea, in 2011. Dr. Ryu joined the Laboratory for Translational Research on Neurodegeneration in the Program for Neuropsychiatric Research at McLean Hospital and Harvard Medical School in 2017 as a post-doctoral research fellow. Her research interests are focused on the pathological studies of diverse incurable diseases. She has a versatile background and knowledge in molecular biology, microbiology, and genetics.
As a research fellow, Dr. Ryu focuses on bioenergetics in Alzheimer’s disease (AD). She investigates the metabolic difference between healthy young, old, and late-onset AD (LOAD) patients and plans to further her scientific career in neuroscience by applying experimental skills and knowledge of oxidative stress. Studying the molecular signaling pathways in human diseases, especially AD, will provide basic data to overcome the limitation of developing AD treatments.
Education & Training
- 2011 BSc in Biology, Sungshin Women’s University
- 2015 PhD in Medical Biology, Korea University
- 2015-2016 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Korea University, Korea
- 2016-Present Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Laboratory for Translational Research on Neurodegeneration, Program for Neuropsychiatric Research, McLean Hospital