McLean Hospital Title:
- Research Associate, Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder Research Program
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Research Associate in Psychiatry
Xi Chen, PhD, was trained in magnetic resonance physics, especially magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) sequence development, during his PhD. Since joining the National Institute on Drug Abuse, his research interest has been on the development and application of advanced MRI/MRS techniques in psychotic disorders, particularly neurotransmitter and functional MRI in brain default-mode network.
After serving as a supporting MR scientist for preclinical neurology studies for more than one year at Dartmouth College, he returned to the field of psychotic disorders with extended interests in using multimodal MRI/MRS to study energy, neurotransmission, and functional and structural modulations of psychotic disorders.
Education & Training:
- 2002 BS in Electronic Science and Technology. Xiamen University, Xiamen, China
- 2009 PhD in Condensed Matter Physics. Xiamen University, Xiamen, China
- 2009-2014 Post-Doctoral Visiting Fellow, Neuroimaging Research Branch, National Institute on Drug Abuse
Belmont campus - McLean Imaging Center, Room 203