McLean Hospital Title:
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Ying Cao, MD, MEng, practices personalized and integrative psychiatry guided by concepts from systems engineering, developmental and cross-cultural psychology, as well as evolving paradigms of psychiatry and general medicine. Her interests include traditional mind-body medicine, modern molecular and systems medicine, precision and personalized medicine—referred to collectively as P4 Psychiatry (predicative, preventive, personalized, participatory).
In daily practice, Dr. Cao combines the biopsychosocial and root-cause-resolution approaches and delivers personalized and integrative care that encompasses comprehensive assessment, up to date patient education, integrative psychotherapy and wellness care, and medications as appropriate. She strives to implement the art, science, and technology of psychiatry as well as that of traditional and modern mind-body medicine to actualize health, fitness, and wellness.
Education & Training:
- 2002 BS, MEng in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2008 MD, Rush Medical College
- 2011-2014 General Adult Psychiatry Residency, St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center/Tufts University School of Medicine
- 2014-2015 Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Fellowship, Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute
- 2015-2016 Campus Mental Health Fellowship, Personalized and Integrative Psychiatry, Harvard University Health Services
- 2014 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2015 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Belmont campus - Admissions Building, Room 341