McLean Hospital Title:
- Assistant Biochemist, Psychiatric Neuroscience Laboratory, Angiogenesis and Brain Development Laboratory
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Yong Kee Choi, PhD, has extensive experiences in studying neuropsychiatric disorders such as schizophrenia, ADHD, and depression with the goal of creation of novel medications. Dr. Choi is currently focusing on developing advanced medications for childhood onset schizophrenia and major depressive disorder and is investigating the role of tetrahydrobiopterin (BH4) deficiency in psychiatric disorders such as schizophrenia, ADHD, depression, and autism.
Dr. Choi is an instructor in psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and an assistant biochemist in the Psychiatric Neuroscience Laboratory and the Angiogenesis and Brain Development Laboratory at McLean Hospital.
Education & Training:
- 1999 BSc, Inje University, South Korea
- 2001 MSc, Inje University, South Korea
- 2005 PhD, Inje University, South Korea
- 2006-2010 Research Fellow in Psychiatry, McLean Hospital
Belmont campus - Mailman Research Center, Room 321