8:00-8:30am – Breakfast & Registration
8:30-9:00am – Opening Remarks: Scott L. Rauch, MD, President, McLean Hospital
9:00-10:30am – Panel 1: Connecting with Technology: Why Psychiatry Needs Data Science
Advances in technology are creating almost limitless potential sources of data for understanding health and human behavior. This panel will focus on how we can take advantage of some of these data sources in the clinic and in the research laboratory using modern data analytic and machine learning approaches to generate insights and improve clinical care.
- Justin T. Baker MD, PhD, Scientific Director, Institute for Technology in Psychiatry, McLean Hospital
- Susan A. Murphy, PhD, Professor of Statistics, Harvard University
- John Torous, MD, Co-Director, Digital Psychiatry Program, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Moderator: Carol Vallone, Trustee, McLean Hospital
10:30-11:00am – Coffee Break
11:00am-12:00pm – Keynote: Sarah H. Lisanby, MD, Director, Division of Translational Research, National Institute of Mental Health
12:00-1:00pm – Lunch
1:00-2:00pm – Data Blitz
Innovators in academia, medicine, and technology deliver brief talks on cutting-edge topics.
2:00-3:30pm – Panel 2: Digital Diagnostics: Leveraging Technology to Enhance Mental Health Assessment
Recent advances in computing now allow us to measure aspects of behavior and physiology that would not have been feasible even a handful of years ago. This panel will showcase examples of cutting-edge tools for understanding the brain and behavior that are low cost and scalable, towards a future of “digital diagnostics” that can be leveraged to increase the accessibility and impact of mental health services.
- Armen C. Arevian, MD, PhD, Director, Innovation Lab, UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior
- Louis-Philippe Morency, PhD, Faculty, Carnegie Mellon University Language Technology Institute
- Andrea Webb, PhD, Group Leader, Psychophysiologist, Draper Laboratories
- Satra Ghosh, PhD, Principal Research Scientist, McGovern Institute for Brain Research, MIT
Moderator: Alik Widge, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor, Massachusetts General Hospital
3:30-4:00pm – Coffee Break
4:00-5:30pm – Panel 3: Reinventing the Psychiatric Laboratory
Technological and social advancements are changing the way science is conducted. Methods for remote data collection, collaboration, and data sharing have led to new approaches to mental health research that transcend geographical and institutional boundaries. This panel will discuss how we might conceptualize a laboratory of the future to lead us to a better understanding of mental health, the brain, and behavior.
- Laura Germine PhD, Assistant Director, Institute for Technology in Psychiatry, McLean Hospital; Director, The Many Brains Project
- Lara Mangravite, PhD, President, Sage Bionetworks
- Matthew K. Nock, PhD, Director, Laboratory for Clinical and Developmental Research, Harvard University
- Jukka-Pekka Onnela PhD, Associate Professor of Biostatistics, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Moderator: Carey Goldberg, Editor, CommonHealth
5:30-7:00pm – Networking Reception & Poster Session