Post-Baccalaureate Child and Adolescent Clinical Fellowship Program
The Simches Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at McLean Hospital offers a two-year Post-Baccalaureate Clinical (PBac) Fellowship Program for college graduates interested in pursuing a career in mental health. This guided, entry-level professional experience is shaped by the four pillars of McLean Hospital’s mission: excellence in clinical care, groundbreaking state-of-the-art scientific investigation, training the next generation of mental health professionals, and serving the hospital and our communities.
Led by Fairlee C. Fabrett, PhD, the PBac Fellowship Program includes a two-year, full-time paid position in one of the following programs:
- McLean-Franciscan Child and Adolescent Inpatient Program, located in Brighton, Massachusetts, provides acute stabilization and treatment for children and teens
- McLean-Franciscan Community Based Acute Treatment Program, located in Brighton, Massachusetts, offers short-term residential mental health care for children and teens
- 3East Cambridge Transitional Residence, a program for young adults, focusing on community reintegration, guidance in everyday life, and transition to adulthood
- 3East Girls Intensive and Step-Down Programs, located in Arlington, Massachusetts, specialized residential care for teens struggling with self-injury, emotion dysregulation, and suicidal ideation
- 3East Boys Intensive Program, located in Arlington, Massachusetts, a specialized residential program for teens struggling with emotion dysregulation, self-injury, and suicidal ideation
- 3East DBT Partial Hospital Program, located in Arlington, Massachusetts, specialized care for adolescents struggling with self-injury, emotion dysregulation, and suicidal ideation
- OCDI Jr., located in Belmont, Massachusetts, a specialized residential program for children and teens who have a diagnosis of obsessive compulsive disorder
- Belmont Adolescent Partial Hospital Program, located in Belmont, Massachusetts, a day program for adolescents struggling with mood and anxiety, and other diagnoses
- McLean SouthEast Adolescent Acute Residential Treatment Program, located in Middleborough, Massachusetts, a residential program for teens who struggle with everyday functioning, such as going to school, difficulty maintaining friends, sadness, substance misuse, etc.
- McLean SouthEast at Oak Street Child and Adolescent Inpatient Program, located in Middleborough, Massachusetts, for teens who need crisis evaluation and stabilization, including medication management
Fellows assigned to the McLean-Franciscan programs are employed, paid, and have the benefits of Franciscan Hospital. Even though they are hired by another institution, they participate in all the educational and service programs of the fellowship. All fellows are expected to work 40 hours (unless specified by their program) and as such receive all the benefits of regular employees, such as paid vacation hours, health insurance, and sick days.