Addressing the Care of Suicidal Adolescents: What Works and What Doesn’t
Available with English captions.
McLean’s Dr. Blaise Aguirre talks about mental health in adolescents and how health care professionals can best support teens who may be exhibiting suicidal thoughts and behaviors.
Hosted by Portland DBT Institute
You may also find this information useful:
- Suicide: Know the Signs and What To Do
- Everything You Need To Know About Child & Teen Mental Health
- Video: How Can We Support Child and Teen Mental Health?
- Understanding Anxiety in Kids and Teens
- How To Set Up Your Kids for Success: Focus on Their Mental Health
- Video: What Is Validation and Why Is It So Important?
- Podcast: Engaging With Closed-Off Kids & Teens
About Dr. Aguirre
Blaise Aguirre, MD, is a child and adolescent psychiatrist specializing in dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) and mentalization-based treatment (MBT) for borderline personality disorder and associated conditions. He is the founding medical director of McLean’s 3East continuum of care, programs for teens that use DBT to target self-endangering behaviors as well as the symptoms of borderline personality disorder.
Learn more about Dr. Aguirre.