McLean Hospital Title:
- Psychiatrist in Charge, Geriatric Psychiatry Inpatient Services
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychiatry, Part-Time
Alexis Freedberg, MD, is a geriatric psychiatrist specializing in the complex medical and behavioral needs of older adults. Prior to coming to McLean, she oversaw clinical training as core psychiatry faculty at Cambridge Health Alliance, was an associate professor of Psychiatry at Tufts University School of Medicine, an associate program director for the psychiatry residency at Tufts University, and the associate medical director of inpatient geriatric medical psychiatry at Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Freedberg earned an award at Tufts for outstanding faculty teaching. As medical director of behavioral health for Perfect Health, she leads a team providing mental health care for frail homebound older adults with complex medical needs, utilizing a primary care integration platform to improve access and outcomes. Her clinical expertise spans acute and community settings, including hospitals, ECT services, assisted living facilities, and patients’ homes.
Education & Training:
- 2000 BA in Music, Yale University
- 2007 MD, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- 2007-2010 Residency in Adult Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School/Cambridge Health Alliance
- 2010-2011 Chief Resident, Acute Psychiatric Services, Harvard Medical School/Cambridge Health Alliance
- 2011-2012 Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship, Harvard Medical School/Cambridge Health Alliance
- 2010 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2011 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2012 Geriatric Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Belmont campus - South Belknap, Room 313