Caroline S. Bader, MD
Staff Psychiatrist, Geriatric Psychiatry Outpatient Services
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Caroline S. Bader, MD, is an outpatient geriatric psychiatrist specializing in the complex needs of older adults. She sees patients at the Geriatric Psychiatry Outpatient Services at McLean. She serves in a teaching and supervisory role to residents and fellows as the McLean site director for the Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship at Mass General Brigham. Dr. Bader also serves as the embedded geriatric psychiatrist at Adelaide Memory Care facility in Newton, Massachusetts. There she leads a team in consulting on the psychiatric management of elderly residents with cognitive impairment and other mental illness.
Dr. Bader is passionate about working with older adults and their families to strive for the best quality of life in the context of pre-existing or new mental illness, cognitive impairment, and the complex aging process.
Education & Training
- 2009 BA in Neuroscience and French, Bowdoin College
- 2014 MD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- 2014-2018 Residency in Adult Psychiatry, Harvard Longwood Psychiatry Residency Training Program
- 2017-2018 Chief Resident, Ambulatory Services, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- 2018-2019 Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship, Partners HealthCare (Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, McLean Hospital)
- 2017 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2018 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology