McLean Hospital Title:
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Christopher M. Palmer, MD, received his medical degree from Washington University School of Medicine and completed his internship and psychiatry residency at McLean Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Harvard Medical School. He is currently the director of the Department of Postgraduate and Continuing Education at McLean Hospital and an assistant professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.
For over 20 years, Dr. Palmer’s clinical work has focused on treatment resistant cases, and recently he has been pioneering the use of the ketogenic diet in psychiatry, especially treatment resistant cases of mood and psychotic disorders.
Education & Training:
- 1991 BS, Purdue University
- 1995 MD, Washington University, St. Louis
- 1996-1999 Residency in Psychiatry, McLean Hospital
- 2000 Diplomate, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Belmont campus - de Marneffe Building, Room 220B