Elizabeth T. Murphy, PhD
Staff Psychologist, Adult Outpatient Services
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry, Part-Time
Elizabeth T. Murphy, PhD, earned her BA in Psychology from UMass Amherst and received her MA in Psychology and PhD in Clinical Psychology from SUNY Stony Brook. She completed both her pre-doctoral internship and post-doctoral training at McLean Hospital. Dr. Murphy remained affiliated with the hospital and joined the staff in 1994. Her training and interests have been predominately cognitive behavioral interventions with intensive training in dialectical behavior therapy. She currently runs multiple DBT skills groups in McLean’s Adult Outpatient Services in addition to conducting a small private practice providing individual skills coaching and therapy.
Dr. Murphy has a joint faculty appointment as an instructor in psychology in the Department of Psychiatry, part-time, at Harvard Medical School and as a staff psychologist at McLean Hospital.
Education & Training
- 1977 BA, Psychology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- 1980 MA, Psychology, SUNY Stony Brook
- 1990 PhD, Clinical Psychology, SUNY Stony Brook
- 1980-1981 Pre-Doctoral internship, McLean Hospital
- 1990-1992 Post-Doctoral Training, McLean Hospital
- 1992 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts