McLean Hospital Title:
- Medical Director, Short Term Unit North
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Fernando Rodriguez-Villa, MD is the medical director of the Short Term Unit, North in the Center of Excellence in Depression and Anxiety Disorders. His main areas of interest include mood disorders, suicide, college mental health, medical education, stigma reduction and cross-cultural psychiatry. He serves on the Patient Family Advisory Committee and is co-chair of the Stigma Committee at McLean.
Dr. Rodriguez-Villa was the director of hospital services at the Massachusetts Mental Health Center; and the director of the psychiatric crisis service at Beth Israel Hospital. Born in Havana, Cuba, he earned his BS at the University of Puerto Rico and his MD from the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University. He completed his psychiatric residency at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center and Beth Israel Hospital.
Education & Training:
- 1973 BS, University of Puerto Rico, Riopiedras
- 1977 MD, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University
- 1977-1979 Residency in Psychiatry, New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center, Westchester Division
- 1979-1981 Residency in Psychiatry, Beth Israel Hospital
- 1982 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Belmont campus - Admissions Building, Room 336