McLean Hospital Title:
- Consultant in Psychiatry, MGH/McLean Adult Psychiatry Residency Training Program
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Part-Time
Jacqueline Olds, MD, has worked at McLean actively since 1974 when she started her child psychiatry fellowship. She had a full time job in child psychiatry until 1980, and then became a part-time teacher in both the adult and child residency programs at McLean/MGH until the present.
Dr. Olds also has a psychiatry practice in Cambridge, as well as a creative partnership with her husband, Dr. Richard Schwartz, in which they have written three books and made one patented invention (SunSprite light tracker).
The Lonely American: Drifting Apart in the Twenty-First Century
by Jacqueline Olds, MD, and Richard S. Schwartz, MD
(Beacon Press, 2009)
Schwartz RS, Olds J. Marriage in motion: the natural ebb and flow of lasting relationships. Cambridge, MA: Perseus Books, 2000.
Olds J, Schwartz RS, Webster H. Overcoming loneliness in everyday life. New York: Birch Lane Press, 1996.
Education & Training:
- 1967 BS Radcliffe College
- 1971 MD, Tufts Medical School
- 1971-1974 Adult Psychiatry Residency, Massachusetts Mental Health Center
- 1974-1976 Child Psychiatry Fellowship, McLean Hospital
- 1977 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 1983 Psychoanalysis, Psychoanalytic Institute of New England