McLean Hospital Title:
- Consultant in Psychiatry, MGH/McLean Adult Psychiatry Residency Training Program
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Part-Time
Jacqueline Olds, MD, has worked at McLean actively since 1974 when she started her child psychiatry fellowship. She had a full time job in child psychiatry until 1980, and then became a part-time teacher in both the adult and child residency programs at McLean/MGH until the present.
Dr. Olds also has a psychiatry practice in Cambridge, as well as a creative partnership with her husband, Dr. Richard Schwartz, in which they have written three books and made one patented invention (SunSprite light tracker).
Olds J, Schwartz RS, Webster H. Overcoming loneliness in everyday life. New York: Birch Lane Press, 1996.
Schwartz RS, Olds J. Marriage in motion: The natural ebb and flow of lasting relationships. Cambridge, MA: Perseus Books, 2000.
Olds J, Schwartz RS. The lonely American: drifting apart in the twenty-first century. Boston: Beacon Press, 2009.
Education & Training:
- 1967 BS Radcliffe College
- 1971 MD, Tufts Medical School
- 1971-1974 Adult Psychiatry Residency, Massachusetts Mental Health Center
- 1974-1976 Child Psychiatry Fellowship, McLean Hospital
- 1977 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 1983 Psychoanalysis, Psychoanalytic Institute of New England