McLean Hospital Title:
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, 3East Girls Intensive and Step-Down Programs
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Clinical Fellow in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Josephine S. Au, PhD, provides dialectical behavior therapy to adolescents who struggle with emotion dysregulation. She works closely with patients and their parents, with the goal of improving teens’ relationships and creating an environment conducive to emotional growth. Her research broadly focuses on identifying typologies of suicidal patients that correspond to different evidence-based interventions.
Dr. Au is particularly drawn to the importance of early intervention and family involvement in suicide prevention. She has worked in various settings in order to better understand the journey of a suicidal patient through the health care system, including a suicide hotline and treatment programs at varying levels of care.
Education & Training:
- 2011 BA in Psychology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- 2017 MA in Psychology, The Catholic University of America
- 2019 PhD in Clinical Psychology, The Catholic University of America
- 2018-2019 Pre-Doctoral Internship, Emory University School of Medicine
Arlington campus - Merck Building, Room 017