McLean Hospital Title:
- Director of Clinical Services, 3East Girls Intensive and Step-Down Programs
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Judith Mintz, PhD, is a psychologist and director of clinical services at 3East Girls Intensive and Step-Down Programs, a residential treatment program for adolescent girls with emerging traits of borderline personality disorder. A clinician at 3East since the program opened in 2007, Dr. Mintz has developed a specialization in treating young women and girls who experience emotional dysregulation, and self-harming and suicidal behaviors. She has extensive training and experience using several treatment modalities including dialectical behavior therapy, family therapy, and treatments for traumatized children.
Prior to working at McLean, Dr. Mintz had an academic career and taught psychology at the College of the Holy Cross. She was also a psychotherapist at the Program for Psychotherapy at Cambridge Health Alliance.
Education & Training:
- 1983 BA, Hampshire College
- 1999 PhD, University of Chicago
- 1993-1994 Clinical Psychology Intern, Cambridge Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- 1994-1995 Clinical Fellow, Child Assessment Unit, Cambridge Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- 1996-1997 Clinical Fellow, The Trauma Center
- 1999-2002 Post-Doctoral Fellow, Program for Psychotherapy, Cambridge Health Alliance, Harvard Medical School
- 2006-2007 Post-Doctoral Fellow, Two Brattle Center
Belmont campus - East House, Room 307