McLean Hospital Title:
- Nurse Practitioner, Program of Assertive Community Treatment (PACT)
Katherine Cederbaum, PMHNP-BC, has been working with patients and families in the Center of Excellence in Psychotic Disorders since 2012. After five years working with young adults experiencing their first episode of affective and non-affective psychosis in the McLean OnTrackTM, Ms. Cederbaum joined the launch of McLean’s Program of Assertive Community Treatment (PACT) in October 2017. She is the prescribing provider for the PACT program and she functions as one of the primary clinicians on the interdisciplinary PACT team.
Ms. Cederbaum has special interest in phenomenology of mania and psychosis. She utilizes experience-centered dialogue with patients, as well as using elements of acceptance and commitment therapy, cognitive behavior therapy, motivational interviewing, and symptom education to support patients as they navigate both symptomatic and functional recovery.
Education & Training:
- 2006 BS in Psychology, Columbia University
- 2009 MA in Social Sciences, University of Chicago
- 2012 MS in Nursing, Boston College School of Nursing
- 2012-2013 Nellie Blumenthal Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nursing Fellowship, McLean Hospital
- 2011 Registered Nurse, Board of Registration in Nursing, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2012 Certified Nurse Practitioner, Board of Registration in Nursing, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2012 MCSR Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, Board of Registration in Nursing, Commonwealth of Massachusetts