McLean Hospital Title:
- Director, Applied Neuroimaging Statistics Laboratory
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Lisa D. Nickerson, PhD, centers her research on the application of multivariate statistical methods, data fusion, and machine learning techniques to neuroimaging data to investigate problems of addiction. Her present work involves using these state of the art analysis methods to combine multimodal MRI data across MRI studies to investigate brain circuits in chronic heavy marijuana smokers. She also utilizes multimodal imaging data from the Human Connectome Project to investigate the impact of alcohol use disorders on brain circuits.
Dr. Nickerson has extensive training in addiction neuroimaging through NIDA T32 and NIDA K25 grants and she was a visiting scientist at the Oxford Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain (FMRIB) in England where she obtained training in multivariate statistical methods for neuroimaging. She currently holds a NIDA R01 grant and an NIAAA R21.
Education & Training:
- 1991 BS in Physics, Purdue University
- 2001 PhD in Medical Physics, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- 2001 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
Belmont campus - McLean Imaging Center, Room 176