Olivera J. Bogunovic, MD
Medical Director, Alcohol, Drug, and Addiction Partial Hospital Program
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Olivera J. Bogunovic, MD, is the medical director of Ambulatory Services in the Center of Excellence in Alcohol, Drugs, and Addiction at McLean Hospital. She divides her time between clinical and administrative and teaching activities which include teaching medical students and residents as well as addiction and geriatric fellows.
Dr. Bogunovic’s scholarly work and primary area of clinical innovation is in two major areas of investigation: developing effective treatments for benzodiazepine use disorders and developing innovative treatments for elderly patients with substance use disorders.
Education & Training
- 1992 MD, University of Belgrade, Serbia
- 1996-2000 Psychiatry Residency, SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn
- 2000-2001 Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship, New York University
- 2001-2002 Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship, Partners HealthCare
- 2001 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2002, 2012 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2004, 2012 Addiction Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2004, 2012 Geriatric Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology