Roland A. Carlstedt, PhD, ABSP
Research Associate, Developmental Biopsychiatry Research Program
- Research Associate in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Roland A. Carlstedt, PhD, ABSP, is a licensed clinical psychologist and is board certified in sport psychology and biofeedback. His research focuses on integrative health psychology behavioral medicine, clinical sport psychology (athlete mental health), and peak performance. He is advancing two predictive clinical explanatory models in the context of clinical diagnostics, intervention response and compliance analytics and outcomes in psychotherapy and clinical trials. He is a leader in the field of technology-based and biomarker-guided assessment, mental training, and efficacy outcome analytics. He is active in spearheading the Universal Clinical Trial in Mental Healthcare: Focus on Private Practices.
Dr. Carlstedt also serves as the chair for the American Board of Sport Psychology and is a member of the United States Olympic Paralympic Committee Registry of Mental Health Care Providers. He is a former professional tennis player and coach/sport psychologist on professional tennis tours. He has presented over 200 seminars on peak performance worldwide and has been featured in media in over twenty countries.
Education & Training
- 1995 BA in Psychology & Sociology, Western State College of Colorado
- 1998 MA in Psychology, Saybrook University
- 2001 PhD in Clinical Psychology, Saybrook University
- 2001-2003 Clinical Psychology Fellowship, Behavioral Associates of New York City
- 2005 Visiting Fellowship in Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital/MIT/Harvard Medical School
- 2004 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Psychology, State of New York
- 2004 Sport Psychology, American Board of Sport Psychology
- 2006 Diplomate, American Board of Sport Psychology
- 2010 Biofeedback, Biofeedback Certification Institute of America