McLean Hospital Title:
- Clinical Psychologist, 3East Intensive Residential Programs
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Sara Land, PhD, has been providing dialectical behavior therapy to adolescents and adults for over ten years. She specializes in treating adolescents and young adults who are struggling with emotional dysregulation, self-harm, and suicidality.
Dr. Land has conducted research on the quality of the relationship between therapist and client in DBT, and how this relates to treatment outcomes. She values forming strong, respect-based relationships with her clients and finding opportunities for playfulness and humor in treatment whenever possible.
Education & Training:
- 2004 BA in Psychology, Truman State University
- 2008 MS in Clinical Psychology, Marquette University
- 2012 PhD in Clinical Psychology, Marquette University
- 2010-2011 Pre-Doctoral Internship in Clinical Psychology, Massachusetts Mental Health Center/Harvard Medical School
- 2011-2012 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, 3East, McLean Hospital
- 2013 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychology, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - East House, Room 353