McLean Hospital Title:
- Director, College Mental Health Program
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Assistant Professor of Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Dr. Pinder-Amaker has over 25 years of experience in college student mental health treatment, administration, and policy. She is the founding director of McLean Hospital’s College Mental Health Program, a unique initiative serving students from over 200 institutions of higher education, providing student-focused treatment; consultation to students, parents, and college professionals; and related research.
Dr. Pinder-Amaker lectures and conducts workshops throughout the country on strengthening continuity of care, and on how to bolster communication between campus- and community-based systems, eliminate barriers to mental health treatment, and better support marginalized students. She has served as guest editor for the Harvard Review of Psychiatry’s special issue on college student mental health, and has published on the integration of student concerns into traditional models of care.
Education & Training:
- 1982 BS, Duke University
- 1988 PhD in Clinical Psychology, Vanderbilt University
- 1987 Pre-Doctoral Internship, Yale School of Medicine
- 1989 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Duke University School of Medicine
- 1992 Licensed Psychologist and Health Service Provider, North Carolina
- 2009 Licensed Psychologist and Health Service Provider, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - de Marneffe Building, room 221B