McLean Hospital Title:
- Research Psychologist, Preclinical Pharmacology Program
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Stephen J. Kohut, PhD, focuses his research primarily on two main interacting lines of investigation: understanding how alterations in underlying neurobiology alter behavioral responses to drug administration, especially stimulants, and medications discovery for drug abuse and addiction.
Dr. Kohut’s current research, funded by the National Institute on Drug Abuse, combines behavioral pharmacology with cutting-edge neuroimaging methodologies to understand the neural consequences of drug-taking behavior and the extent to which they can be mitigated by behavioral and pharmacological interventions.
Education & Training:
- 2003 BA in Psychology, LaSalle University
- 2005 MS in Clinical Psychology, Loyola College Maryland
- 2009 PhD in Behavior, Cognition, and Neuroscience, American University
- 2010-2011 Intramural Research Training Award Fellowship, Medications Discovery Research Branch, Intramural Research Program, National Institute on Drug Abuse
Belmont campus - Oaks Building