Vanessa M. Cuthbert, MSW, LICSW
Outpatient Therapist, Adult Outpatient Services
Vanessa M. Cuthbert, MSW, LICSW, is a clinical social worker in McLean’s Adult Outpatient Services. She currently works as an outpatient therapist in the LEADER (Law Enforcement, Active Duty, and Emergency Responder) program, where she provides individual and group therapy. Previously, she worked as a community residence counselor at the Hill Center for Women, and as an inpatient case manager at the Short Term Unit, both at McLean Hospital.
Ms. Cuthbert has received training in cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), and cognitive processing therapy (CPT) modalities. She is passionate about working with individuals with depression, anxiety, personality disorders, and trauma-related disorders in both her clinical role and her private practice. She also provides supervision to licensed clinical social workers.
Education & Training
- 2009 BA in Health and Counseling Psychology, Emmanuel College
- 2013 MSW in Clinical Social Work, Simmons College
- 2008-2009 BA Internship, Hill Center for Women, McLean Hospital
- 2011-2012 MSW Internship, Cambridge Rindge and Latin School
- 2012-2013 MSW Internship, Behavioral Health Partial Hospital Program, McLean Hospital
- 2017 Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker, Board of Registration of Social Workers, Commonwealth of Massachusetts